Hating Men (in a Romantic Capacity)
Ever since resolving to nix dating for a few months (and after being dumped by both Mike and Rich in the same week, and by Leaf a few months previous) I've been pretty hostile to any men who I suspect are interested in me. This guy Mike told me that my new glasses looked hot on me and offered me his coat when I was cold today. I told him, curtly, that I don't do that "chivalry bullshit." He left me alone after that. A customer at the pub told me that he may use my email address to contact me sometime. I gave him the idea that such contact would not be welcome. I'm obviously being overly-sensitive. Maybe these guys aren't really interested, but I'm fucking angry. It seems that all men, are in fact, the same. Even the 'nice' guys that I've recently dated quickly lost interest in me once I had slept with them. It seems that the old adage is correct: if you sleep with a guy too soon, you'll give him what he wants and he'll dump you. If you string him along and control the sex, he may stick around long enough to actually develope an interest in you. But anyone who knows me knows that I detest these kind of power games. It's sick. I'd like to think that sex doesn't alter a relationship, but of course it does. It just never occured to me that these nice guys, guys like Rich who are indeed nice to everyone they know, would treat me like disposable garbage. I'm hurt, I'm angry. I'm deeply suspicious of any male who isn't just my friend. Davey is safe, and so is Rob, and so is Jonathan. Malcolm is the exception to this rule because he's no longer male nor female to me. I know him so well that he is more an entity than a sub-category. I can excuse Milan because he's overseas. All the others though, dicks! Men can go fuck themselves. I'm going to spend the next few months praying to god at night to strip me of all my sexual appetites. This is how I visualize my sexless future: I'm teaching at a university well into old age as a spinster who has a tea set in her office. To hell with men, orgasms, and sexual politics. This is my well-deserved rant, and that is all.

1 Comments:
boo-yeah.
I will join you in your tea-set spinsterism with my dog, literature, and well stocked booze cabinet.
Hooray for abstinance.
Post a Comment
<< Home