ahhhhhhhh!
I woke up this morning and found myself peeing shards of glass. Not literally, of course; I have a urinary tract infection! These can be incredibly painful, leaving you feeling like you have to urinate urgently when you don't, and feeling like screaming when you do. Sometimes, the infection can travel from your urethra to your bladder to your ureters to your kidneys. I can feel my left kidney! The doctor at the new clinic near my house gave me antibiotics and a pain reliever called Phenazopyridine which changes the colour of your urine from a pale yellow to a neon orange. The stuff is like ink; your urine ends up staining the toilet bowl; your underwear. I've been chugging water and pure cranberry juice (which burns your throat when drunk undiluted) to help relieve the infection. All in all it is not the best way to start the week.

3 Comments:
damn! Peeing glass sucks.
I'm with you on the plague boat. I just had blood drawn yesterday (testing everything from plasma content to HIV... really hoping not HIV), and I go in for chest and sinus x-rays tomorrow. WooHoo.
You're on the prayer list.
Call me!
You're scaring me. HIV! I don't think you have anything to worry about, but I'm going to worry about you nonetheless. This is what happens to you when you've spent 5-6 continuous years in University -It begins to break your body. X-rays...hmm. At least it's not a barium enema.
No, my next barium lovin' is in January. Last x-ray had a "spot" on it. They think it's just stool, but to be safe, gotta go get probed again.
whee.
I'll let you know about the results of my various tests as soon as I know them.
And I still vote we go for coffee some time soon, before the madness begins full-speed again.
Oh yeah, I have to survive Madu this semester... That dude is the universe's largest flake ever... Our text books include the teachings of the Dali Lama (that's an actual text, not just content of a text, a whole book by the DL), and 2 giant courseware packages chock full of Bhuddist psychology... This is going to be a hard semester to swallow.
Call me (and thanks for worrying, I love you too)
Post a Comment
<< Home