Day Spent in a Daze
The daze started around 12:30pm in my criminology 369 -Professional Ethics- class. My professor, Dr. X.Y, has a particularly soft, soothing voice. He begins each class with a 2 minute meditation session; his velvety voice is perfectly suited to guiding a person through such an exercise. After the 2 hour lecture I found myself sleepy and a little starry-eyed. The sun had come out and the air smelt of spring. The wind wasn't bitter as it had been in the past, few rainy days. It was soft, and I could feel it gently blowing and carressing my hair. Everything felt so fresh, and warm, and dry, and I had the urge to curl up in the grass and take a nap. Of course I had an appoitment at Metrotown, so I headed to the bus loop. On the skytrain, I ran into an acquaintance, of whom I know very little, but who is a notable figure in my university's student government. We talked, and I had the feeling, both during and after the conversation, that the context of the discussion (and not necessarily the subject matter) was very intimate. He put me in a trance, and I felt, like with my professor's voice; and the spring air; and the sunshine; and the green grass; that his presence was delicately lulling me into a dazed, dream-like state. After we parted I felt distinctly turned-on. I don't necessarily mean in a sexual sense. My senses and my body felt as if they were buzzing. I felt as if he, or the conversation with him, or his presence, had tapped into some kind of nerve (or a pressure point as Rob would point out) within me, releasing a euphoric energy. I can still feel my fingertips buzzing as I write this. It is bizarre that a stranger can have such an effect on you. I thought to myself, I am now thinking to myself, that it is of no wonder that he's into politics, he possesses a magnetic quality which seems to draw others to him. Or maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home