Just nothing.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Correspondence to my psychiatrist

Hey Doctor,
Living on the drive has been awesome so far. I don't know if this is false euphoria or what, but since my move I've felt an extra burst of energy. I've worried about independent living being scary or difficult, but I feel so capable right now. I have good credit, I've been making a lot of money in tips and working a few extra shifts, school is going okay, and I’m seeing my friends regularly so I feel supported. My roommate and I get along ridiculously well, we can talk for hours, his cat, Fluffy, is cute. Since I’ve decided to hold off on grad school and take a year off, I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I need to find a job for Christmas break. I’m feeling more in control of my weight and am thinking of joining the local gym (everything is so close here. the gym, a 5 min walk. The grocery store, 1 minute. Yoga, 1 minute. Bus, 2 min. possible restaurants where I can work, 2-10 minutes). I miss Malcolm though. We spoke on the phone last night and he sounded really sick and overworked. He said the house was empty and it made him sad. I felt the incredible urge to go over there and make him some tea and a healthy dinner. When we finished the conversation, we both said, "I love you." Despite our differences, we really care for one another, and it's not easy being separated. Up until last week, I've seen Malcolm on a daily basis for the past 4 years (with very few exceptions 'we maybe spent a total of 2 weeks apart). It's strange not seeing him stomping around in his underwear in the morning, or comfortably knowing he's in the next room listening to trance music and doing artwork on his computer. At least my roommate is nice, and funny in a quirky way. The date diet is getting difficult to bear, I definitely feel sexually charged with no outlet. My friends have been really good to me: helping me move, taking me out to dinner, and buying me housewarming gifts. My mom helped me move, and we've been getting along. I think the dynamic has changed, as now I need her more since I don’t have Malcolm as much. I was told that I am doing an excellent job at work, and it makes me feel good. That's all for now.
Btw, did I tell you I went to a faculty party at my professor’s house? Schmoozing with Profs. The place was ornamented with decadent cheeses and bottles of red wine -exactly as I suspected.
I hope all is well with you,
-V.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new neighbourhood. I expect that the area around Trout Lake is nice for walking around, in the fall.

November 11, 2006 4:14 AM  
Blogger Victoria Kowalewski said...

It's beautiful, but we've been experiencing something akin to a flood -the rain is non-stop. How is your side of the pond? Your photos of Oxford tell me it's gorgeous. Perhaps next time you come to Vancouver you can visit my abode.

November 12, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Wow!

the blog is so bright and colourful. Where's the dank, Moe, the dank?!

Glad to hear you are doing well. We need to hang out soon when all the insanity at work is over. Don't worry too much about the Pub, from what I hear thre are some creative solutions in place to keep everything a float.

November 17, 2006 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel really lucky to have you as a roommate. fluffy is pretty dependable, but it's nice to have someone around to talk to.

keep blogging.

November 23, 2006 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home