Just nothing.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Exes and Blogger Voyeurism

So, I have a confession to make. I am a bit of a blogger voyeur. By this I mean that I look at the blogs of people I know of, but am not well acquainted with, and I look at their blogs without their knowledge. Does that make me creepy? It sort of happened by accident. I was looking for "The Peak's" (the SFU student newspaper) website, and typed in Mike H.'s name to locate it (he is the editor, after all). I've only been introduced to Mike once, but if we saw each in the hallway we probably wouldn't acknowledge one another. Anyways, I found a link to his blog, where I found out that his twenty-year old girlfriend was pregnant. They even have a baby blog, devoted to Katie's pregnancy and now to their newborn. I think that a pair of twenty-year old students living together and having a baby is fascinating, so I've been reading up on it. I guess it does sound creepy that I am so interested in a stranger's life, but the blog is on the internet, and I'm assuming that anyone that finds it can read. Fair game, right?
Through Mike's blog I found Derrick's. Derrick, as mentioned previously, is likely to be the new SFU student president, and he is also Rich's friend (see "Richie and the Buttless Chaps" for more). I was reading Derrick's blog last night when I found mention of Rich. And this is what I went to bed thinking about...

I know it's pathetic, but sometimes I think about Leaf, and Rich, and even Mike, with new girlfriends. In Leaf and Rich's case, these chicks are probably better looking than me, thinner and shorter, with a better knowledge and taste in music. They have more modish haircuts, and clever little tattoos that make reference to some obscure book or band. They have nice nails and firmer breasts and bellies, and probably come from better (read: more stable) families. I'm not so worried about Mike's (hypothetically) new girlfriend; she's probably a sloppy dresser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home