Just nothing.

Friday, March 25, 2005

shant be here, much

It has started. The painful process, which will last 3 weeks, where i write papers and exams. since i am a notorious procrastinator, i must do all at once in the end. thus, in the following 2 weeks this is what is due:
1) two 3 page papers in theories of punishment (Crim 345)
2) 8 page paper in Canadian lit. examining the multi-sexual, multi-gendered texture of Canadian Society in Margaret Lawrence's The Diviners, in tandem with Shari Mootoo's short story.
3) 20 to 25 page paper, including original research, examining the effects of gender and racial stereotyping in creating fear of crime in modern society. I plan to use 30-40 crime novels, randomely selected, to perform a word analysis using a coding scheme.
This is the paper that evokes the most fear within me. I don't know how the hell i'm going to finish this monster in the 8 days i have allotted myself. Luckily, I have Cathrine to edit.
after all this, 2 final exams, which should be easy to write.
I have also registered for next semester and will be taking the following courses in the summer:
1) English 342-British Literature, post WW2 -Masculinites theory
2) Criminology 417- Crime in Literature (this is simply an English course, taught by an English Dept. faculty member, cleverly disguised as a Crim. course. -yessss).
3) Criminology 312- Social Problems with the ineffable Neil Boyd (whom I hope will write a recommendation letter, once i finish my Honors crim degree).

Tonight, Malcolm and I are meeting Rachel for drinks at Bukowski's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home